Last Week, the United States House passed perhaps the most radical bill I have ever seen.
With a name like the "Equality Act" you'd think this would be good? WRONG.
The truth is, the bill does very little for the existing equality in the US, but it does infringe on the freedoms of many others.
- The bill would end the federal legal recognition of the complementary male and female sex in favor of gender identity.
- The bill would eliminate the traditional right to privacy of women and girls in public facilities, in favor, instead, of gender identity
- The Equality Act would eviscerate women's and girls' sports
- The Equality Act would be used to mandate school curriculum that affirm and promote sexual orientation and gender identity views
- The Equality Act would be used to remove custody rights from parent who refuse to have their minor children undergo transgender medical interventions
- Since the Equality Act exempts itself from the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, religions schools, hospitals, and adoption agencies could face federal sanctions for upholding their teachings with regard to life, sexuality, and marriage under the legislation
- The Equality Act's text that names a form of "discriminations on the basis of pregnancy" would be used to punish healthcare providers who refuse to perform and abortion or to outlaw policies that ban funding for the procedure